It’s Pumpkin Spice Season!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree aka canned pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs whisked
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 slices thick-cut white bread such as challah or Brioche
- oil or cooking spray for greasing the pan
Add all the ingredients (except the bread) to a medium-sized bowl or shallow dish.
Whisk until smooth.
Heat a frying pan to low-medium heat, or a griddle to 350F.
Lightly grease with oil or cooking spray.
Dunk a piece of bread in the French toast mixture, covering each side. Gently wipe/shake off any excess batter.
Grill for 2-4 minutes on one side until golden, then flip and continue frying on the second side until both sides are golden and the bread begins to puff.
Repeat with the rest of the toast, adjusting the burner/griddle temperature as necessary.
Serve immediately with syrup and whipped cream.