- 1 box strawberry cake mix plus ingredients for preparation (I used the Pillsbury brand)
- 2 boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix (3.4 ounces each)
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 ½-2 pounds fresh strawberries washed, dried, and sliced
- 16 ounces whipped topping thawed
- Prepare the strawberry cake according to the box instructions. Bake the cake and set it aside to cool. This can be done a day or two in advance if you’d like.
- Once the cake is cool, cut into 2 inch by 2 inch bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk until smooth. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble.
- Set aside 4-5 whole berries. Wash the remaining berries, remove the tops, and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place ⅓ of the cake pieces in a single layer on the bottom of a trifle dish. Top with ⅓ of the cheesecake pudding and smooth into an even later.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped topping on top of the pudding and smooth. Top with about ⅓ of your slices strawberries. Repeat for 2 more layers.
- Top the trifle with the remaining whipped topping and halved strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
The calories shown are based on the trifle serving 12, with 1 serving being 1/12 of the trifle. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information. The information in the nutrition box are calculated through a program and there is room for error. If you need an accurate count, I recommend running the ingredients through your favorite nutrition calculator.**