The City of Monticello is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer Recruit (non-certified).
Minimum Applicant Qualifications
• Citizen of the United States
• At least twenty-one (21) years of age
• High school graduate or has successfully completed a General Education Development (G.E.D.) examination
• Possess a valid Kentucky driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle
• Has not been convicted of a felony
• Has not received a dishonorable discharge, bad conduct discharge, or general discharge under other than honorable conditions if prior military
• Not prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm
• Not had certification as a peace officer permanently revoked in another state
• Must successfully pass pre-hiring requirements of the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council including physical fitness & agility testing, psychological examination, polygraph examination, drug testing and an extensive background investigation
Successful applicant must complete Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training (DOCJT) Basic Training Academy within one year of hire date if not already certified.
• All uniforms & equipment furnished
• Paid vacation
• Paid sick leave
• Paid holidays
• Paid health insurance
• Hazardous duty retirement
For more information about the Physical Fitness Test and preparation, visit https://klecs.ky.gov/physical-agility-prep. Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Applications can be obtained at the Monticello Police Department, 195 North Main Street, Monticello, KY Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Completed applications can be submitted to the above address by U.S. Mail or returned in-person to the Monticello Police Department. Deadline to apply is 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 12, 2021.
Questions should be directed to Asst. Chief Joey Hoover via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 606-688-7676. Leave a detailed message including your name, your contact number and your question(s). Your call will be returned at first opportunity.
The Monticello Police Department offers competitive wages and benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, hazardous duty retirement, as well as all uniforms and equipment required to perform the duties of Police Officer are provided.
The City of Monticello/Monticello Police Department provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.